We went to the not-so-original Starbucks in Pike Place in Seattle and sampled the coffee. The verdict? Better than expected.
Lots of help.
I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than my hair and my beauty regiment consists of eyeliner and lip gloss.
It’s a bit pathetic.
So when I heard beauty/style expert Nuy Cho — founder of www.nuybeauty.com and uber-chic local girl — was back in town, I jumped at the chance to get some much-needed advice.
Here’s her advice:
See our full-length video at NuyBeauty.com next week!
A little tour — and I apologize in advance for some bad audio — of Lumeria Maui in Paia
That wasn’t my problem this week.
Our pal, comedian Augie Tulba (@AUGIET), isn’t shy. At all. In fact, the only problem we did have — if you could even call it a problem — was keeping him on track. He completely took over the show!
Augie stopped by Cafe & Tea Parlor (@cafeteaparlor) at the Mission Houses Museum to talk about, among other things, his new comedy show, “Augie’s Garage,” on OC16 premiering Aug. 15. But that all but 30 seconds. The rest — five minutes or so — was him talking about everything from the economy to Osama bin Laden.
I’m not kidding.
Here’s the trailer for “Augie’s Garage,” which premieres on OC16 on Aug. 15.
Let’s help Augie get to 2,500 followers on Twitter! Details to come!
About Catherine Toth
Born and raised on Oahu, Catherine E. Toth has worked as a newspaper reporter in Hawaii for 10 years and continues to freelance — in between teaching journalism, hitting the surf, hiking with her two dogs and eating everything in sight — for national and local print and online publications.
Follow @thedailydish on Twitter
- #CatTravels: Makalawena not a secret anymore September 2, 2014
- #DoThis: Okinawan Festival this weekend August 29, 2014
- A peek inside ‘Dumplings All Day Wong’ August 28, 2014
- Concussions aren’t fun August 22, 2014
- ‘Sometimes you gotta jump in the van’ August 18, 2014
- Brother Noland, the original prepper August 13, 2014
- ‘O Captain’ taught me to seize the day August 12, 2014
- My dad and the hurricane August 7, 2014
- Castle Park and other things I miss April 11, 2011
- 'Hawaii Five-O' better than expected September 20, 2010
- Vegas, here we come! September 15, 2011
- Advice for surviving a long-distance relationship August 23, 2011
- Ho, brah, I stay local now October 25, 2010
- Would you pay for news online? July 25, 2011
- Call me, but don't leave a message September 22, 2010
- Iconic Hawaii eateries April 13, 2011
- M: Hello Cat, It's always great to get away from ...
- turkfontaine: the way we used to beach camp on Padre Island in T...
- Annoddah Dave: CAT: Looks like the good ole days...except for th...
- JudyEssJay: Looks like the perfect weekend. We always get to t...
- Ynaku: So glad you got to experience a small part of our ...
- Dennis: Great festival! Can't wait till next year!...
- M: Hello Cat, See you there....
- zzzzzz: The mayo is already there, in the chili....