We went to the not-so-original Starbucks in Pike Place in Seattle and sampled the coffee. The verdict? Better than expected.
Lots of help.
I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than my hair and my beauty regiment consists of eyeliner and lip gloss.
It’s a bit pathetic.
So when I heard beauty/style expert Nuy Cho — founder of www.nuybeauty.com and uber-chic local girl — was back in town, I jumped at the chance to get some much-needed advice.
Here’s her advice:
See our full-length video at NuyBeauty.com next week!
A little tour — and I apologize in advance for some bad audio — of Lumeria Maui in Paia
That wasn’t my problem this week.
Our pal, comedian Augie Tulba (@AUGIET), isn’t shy. At all. In fact, the only problem we did have — if you could even call it a problem — was keeping him on track. He completely took over the show!
Augie stopped by Cafe & Tea Parlor (@cafeteaparlor) at the Mission Houses Museum to talk about, among other things, his new comedy show, “Augie’s Garage,” on OC16 premiering Aug. 15. But that all but 30 seconds. The rest — five minutes or so — was him talking about everything from the economy to Osama bin Laden.
I’m not kidding.
Here’s the trailer for “Augie’s Garage,” which premieres on OC16 on Aug. 15.
Let’s help Augie get to 2,500 followers on Twitter! Details to come!
About Catherine Toth
Born and raised on Oahu, Catherine E. Toth has worked as a newspaper reporter in Hawaii for 10 years and continues to freelance — in between teaching journalism, hitting the surf, hiking with her two dogs and eating everything in sight — for national and local print and online publications.
Follow @thedailydish on Twitter
- #CatEats: Sampling Alan Wong’s Shanghai menu January 28, 2015
- The story of Snickers the Goat January 20, 2015
- #CatEats: Scratch Kitchen & Bake Shop in Chinatown January 12, 2015
- ‘New year, new me’ December 31, 2014
- 5 reasons why I love Christmas December 24, 2014
- #FUUD: The Winter Truffle Menu at Chef Mavro December 19, 2014
- It started with an email December 14, 2014
- It’s already December and I’m freaking out December 10, 2014
- Castle Park and other things I miss April 11, 2011
- 'Hawaii Five-O' better than expected September 20, 2010
- Vegas, here we come! September 15, 2011
- Advice for surviving a long-distance relationship August 23, 2011
- Ho, brah, I stay local now October 25, 2010
- Would you pay for news online? July 25, 2011
- Call me, but don't leave a message September 22, 2010
- Iconic Hawaii eateries April 13, 2011
- David Jackson: Well after a long absence I am back to reading you...
- rayboyjr: Hey Cat ... that baby goat is so fricken cute!!! ....
- Dennis: Wow! Good job! I can't wait for the adventure o...
- YJ: Thank you both for saving this sweet little guy! (...
- Catherine Toth: This is very true. :)...
- M: Hello Cat, You need a bigger place and a bigger y...
- Catherine Toth: I know! Keep baby animals away from me!!!...
- Annoddah Dave: CAT: Can hardly wait to hear your adventure with ...