We went to the not-so-original Starbucks in Pike Place in Seattle and sampled the coffee. The verdict? Better than expected.
Lots of help.
I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than my hair and my beauty regiment consists of eyeliner and lip gloss.
It’s a bit pathetic.
So when I heard beauty/style expert Nuy Cho — founder of www.nuybeauty.com and uber-chic local girl — was back in town, I jumped at the chance to get some much-needed advice.
Here’s her advice:
See our full-length video at NuyBeauty.com next week!
A little tour — and I apologize in advance for some bad audio — of Lumeria Maui in Paia
That wasn’t my problem this week.
Our pal, comedian Augie Tulba (@AUGIET), isn’t shy. At all. In fact, the only problem we did have — if you could even call it a problem — was keeping him on track. He completely took over the show!
Augie stopped by Cafe & Tea Parlor (@cafeteaparlor) at the Mission Houses Museum to talk about, among other things, his new comedy show, “Augie’s Garage,” on OC16 premiering Aug. 15. But that all but 30 seconds. The rest — five minutes or so — was him talking about everything from the economy to Osama bin Laden.
I’m not kidding.
Here’s the trailer for “Augie’s Garage,” which premieres on OC16 on Aug. 15.
Let’s help Augie get to 2,500 followers on Twitter! Details to come!
About Catherine Toth
Born and raised on Oahu, Catherine E. Toth has worked as a newspaper reporter in Hawaii for 10 years and continues to freelance — in between teaching journalism, hitting the surf, hiking with her two dogs and eating everything in sight — for national and local print and online publications.
Follow @thedailydish on Twitter
- #CatTravels: Inside the Scottish referendum September 17, 2014
- #CatTravels: My take on London’s tourist spots September 15, 2014
- #CatTravels: A visit to Borough Market September 13, 2014
- #CatTravels: Arriving in London September 12, 2014
- #CatTravels: Heading to the U.K. September 11, 2014
- #FieldTrip: A walk on the west side September 8, 2014
- #CatTravels: Makalawena not a secret anymore September 2, 2014
- #DoThis: Okinawan Festival this weekend August 29, 2014
- Castle Park and other things I miss April 11, 2011
- 'Hawaii Five-O' better than expected September 20, 2010
- Vegas, here we come! September 15, 2011
- Advice for surviving a long-distance relationship August 23, 2011
- Ho, brah, I stay local now October 25, 2010
- Would you pay for news online? July 25, 2011
- Call me, but don't leave a message September 22, 2010
- Iconic Hawaii eateries April 13, 2011
- Dennis: Great job. History making honeymoon!!!...
- Dennis: History making and our Cat's there to experience ...
- Bumper: What are the arguments against independence? It'd...
- zzzzzz: It must be pretty exciting, to be there as history...
- Ty: A free Scotland could be a petroleum powerhouse....
- M: Hello Cat and Kai, London and Paris is on my ch...
- Chelsea: How funny! I was just there a couple months ago an...
- Dennis: Great market filled with everything you need on a ...