We went to the not-so-original Starbucks in Pike Place in Seattle and sampled the coffee. The verdict? Better than expected.
Lots of help.
I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than my hair and my beauty regiment consists of eyeliner and lip gloss.
It’s a bit pathetic.
So when I heard beauty/style expert Nuy Cho — founder of www.nuybeauty.com and uber-chic local girl — was back in town, I jumped at the chance to get some much-needed advice.
Here’s her advice:
See our full-length video at NuyBeauty.com next week!
A little tour — and I apologize in advance for some bad audio — of Lumeria Maui in Paia
That wasn’t my problem this week.
Our pal, comedian Augie Tulba (@AUGIET), isn’t shy. At all. In fact, the only problem we did have — if you could even call it a problem — was keeping him on track. He completely took over the show!
Augie stopped by Cafe & Tea Parlor (@cafeteaparlor) at the Mission Houses Museum to talk about, among other things, his new comedy show, “Augie’s Garage,” on OC16 premiering Aug. 15. But that all but 30 seconds. The rest — five minutes or so — was him talking about everything from the economy to Osama bin Laden.
I’m not kidding.
Here’s the trailer for “Augie’s Garage,” which premieres on OC16 on Aug. 15.
Let’s help Augie get to 2,500 followers on Twitter! Details to come!
About Catherine Toth
Born and raised on Oahu, Catherine E. Toth has worked as a newspaper reporter in Hawaii for 10 years and continues to freelance — in between teaching journalism, hitting the surf, hiking with her two dogs and eating everything in sight — for national and local print and online publications.
Follow @thedailydish on Twitter
- It started with an email December 14, 2014
- It’s already December and I’m freaking out December 10, 2014
- #GiveBack: Fix the hole in the He‘eia fishpond December 5, 2014
- #DidThis: Riding horses at Kualoa Ranch, O‘ahu December 1, 2014
- The one thing I’m thankful for this #Thanksgiving November 27, 2014
- #FUUD: Izakaya Torae Torae in McCully November 18, 2014
- Let’s get this cookbook funded! November 11, 2014
- 5 Things I learned about Hawai‘i Beef November 10, 2014
- Castle Park and other things I miss April 11, 2011
- 'Hawaii Five-O' better than expected September 20, 2010
- Vegas, here we come! September 15, 2011
- Advice for surviving a long-distance relationship August 23, 2011
- Ho, brah, I stay local now October 25, 2010
- Would you pay for news online? July 25, 2011
- Call me, but don't leave a message September 22, 2010
- Iconic Hawaii eateries April 13, 2011
- Judy: WOW, amazing story, nothing venture, nothing gain....
- SuzieQ: Hi Cat.......great story!!! Thanks for sharing......
- Chris Collins: That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. ...
- Rad: You the bomb Cat . Love it!! Happy wife Happy for...
- Expatjen: Beautiful love story! Wishing you guys many more c...
- Cleone: What a great story! Congrats! You guys look so hap...
- LynneC.: Congratulations. So very happy for you, Cat! Hope ...
- Jerry: Nice story. It all lined up nicely, too. Would lif...