We went to the not-so-original Starbucks in Pike Place in Seattle and sampled the coffee. The verdict? Better than expected.
Lots of help.
I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than my hair and my beauty regiment consists of eyeliner and lip gloss.
It’s a bit pathetic.
So when I heard beauty/style expert Nuy Cho — founder of www.nuybeauty.com and uber-chic local girl — was back in town, I jumped at the chance to get some much-needed advice.
Here’s her advice:
See our full-length video at NuyBeauty.com next week!
A little tour — and I apologize in advance for some bad audio — of Lumeria Maui in Paia
That wasn’t my problem this week.
Our pal, comedian Augie Tulba (@AUGIET), isn’t shy. At all. In fact, the only problem we did have — if you could even call it a problem — was keeping him on track. He completely took over the show!
Augie stopped by Cafe & Tea Parlor (@cafeteaparlor) at the Mission Houses Museum to talk about, among other things, his new comedy show, “Augie’s Garage,” on OC16 premiering Aug. 15. But that all but 30 seconds. The rest — five minutes or so — was him talking about everything from the economy to Osama bin Laden.
I’m not kidding.
Here’s the trailer for “Augie’s Garage,” which premieres on OC16 on Aug. 15.
Let’s help Augie get to 2,500 followers on Twitter! Details to come!
About Catherine Toth
Born and raised on Oahu, Catherine E. Toth has worked as a newspaper reporter in Hawaii for 10 years and continues to freelance — in between teaching journalism, hitting the surf, hiking with her two dogs and eating everything in sight — for national and local print and online publications.
Follow @thedailydish on Twitter
- #BucketList: Marathon, check. Sort of. December 8, 2013
- #FUUD: Dagon in Moiliili December 6, 2013
- Got leftover pumpkin? Make cupcakes! December 4, 2013
- #TheGreatDebate: Is Cookie Butter really that great? December 3, 2013
- What movies would make your all-time list? December 2, 2013
- Make it Thanksgiving every day November 28, 2013
- #TasteTest: Maffles November 27, 2013
- #CatChat: Black Friday at Eden In Love November 26, 2013
- Castle Park and other things I miss April 11, 2011
- 'Hawaii Five-O' better than expected September 20, 2010
- Vegas, here we come! September 15, 2011
- Advice for surviving a long-distance relationship August 23, 2011
- Ho, brah, I stay local now October 25, 2010
- Would you pay for news online? July 25, 2011
- Call me, but don't leave a message September 22, 2010
- Iconic Hawaii eateries April 13, 2011
- M: You did a whole lot better than Melissa. hahahaha...
- rayboyjr: Hey Cat: ... great job!!! ... and was it just one...
- Melissa: Wait! But you got your shirts! how....?...
- Dennis: Terrific!!!!!! Maybe I'll sign up next year. Ma...
- Glenn D: Great read!! Mahalos for giving me a great start ...
- Terrence: http://www.mauiresortandspa.com...
- Sara: I'm so super impressed that you did this, even if...
- Alvin: That was a great read. I too registered this year ...